Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mikes on last shot

grassy knoll

match this weekend showed me a new problem to overcome, I dropped a mike on five of ten stages, and what made me realize there was something wrong is that they were all the last shot of a target array

as I was leaving the shooting position I was still shooting but not hitting the target

work to do now is set up the target arrays and insist on nailing the last shot before moving on to the next ones

I've been guilty of seeing the sights align for the last shot and starting my reload before I finished pulling the trigger......

At the A8 match this year I had a real knack for unloading and showing clear when I still had a piece of steel standing. I did that one on at least two stages. (Dang course designers hiding US Poppers behind fullsize poppers....)

grassy,

You also may want to take a look at your hits on the last target of an array. If you see that you have hits left or way left of the center of the target (assuming that you were leaving the shooting position and traveling to the right) then that also shows that your not following through. What happens is the hands are leaving before the shot goes where you wanted it to. The hands moving to the right drives the muzzle left and causes the shot to go left. I know it sounds like a no-brainer but I figured it out a little while ago and it helped me to follow through a little better before leaving a shooting position.

Regards,

Todd

as I was leaving the shooting position I was still shooting but not hitting the target

These things keep happening to me, too. More so if the targets are embarassingly close you can practically hit them with your eyes closed...oh wait, I think that's my problem, too. :(