Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've been trying to get my web-site to work with Android MX-Player.

The videos should open in MX Player automatically but they never have.

I have just created a test page on my web-site and I was wondering if anyone with an Android device and MX Player installed can try clicking on the two videos (showing in blue on the left of my web-page), and let me know if they work on an Android device.

The web-page is Liveshots.net/video/testing

• 5 weeks later...

I've amended all the Video pages on my web-site so that they will no longer open the shadowbox/lightbox when the pages are viewed on an iPhone, iPad or Android device.

I managed to acquire an Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 device that has MX Player installed and while some of the compiled videos seem to work, it does not work for the individual stage runs on the left of each video screen. It seems a lot slower on the Android device and the playback is very uneven. I still haven't figured out why Android can play an .mp4 video file easily but yet struggles with a .mov file.

The MP4 format is based on MOV so it should be able to play both without issues.

I think that Android devices will always have issues with my site, but the changes I have made will at least allow the user the option of viewing the videos using some third party app (it was being blocked by the shadowbox/lightbox thingy).