Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hybrid holes

Siphon Odesse

Does it matter if hybrid holes wind up in a groove or a land?
Should I care?

I read somewhere that the popple holes for the hybrid hole pattern should be located in the grooves of the barrel, rather than on the lands. Apparently, this means better accuracy and also less of the bullet shredded off by the holes.
Others I have asked claim that this has no significant effect, and that you could pretty much put the holes anywhere.

I will be making holes in a brand new barrel pretty soon, so I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any theories on this.

Thanks,

Siphon

Edited by Siphon Odesse

My open gun has holes that touch land and grooves, it will shoot 1" groups at 25 yards. Are you really going to be able to utilize better accuracy than that? If not then there is no difference. (I do not know if there would be any measureable difference if you managed to make sure you only touched the lands with the holes, I am saying does it matter?)

My open gun has holes that touch land and grooves, it will shoot 1" groups at 25 yards. Are you really going to be able to utilize better accuracy than that? If not then there is no difference. (I do not know if there would be any measureable difference if you managed to make sure you only touched the lands with the holes, I am saying does it matter?)

I am saying - or rather asking - that, too. And thanks for the reply.

I was hoping it doesn't matter, and I hope you guys are right. I won't worry about it anymore.

.. and it's been some time since I managed 1" at 25 anyway.

Siphon