Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sharp serrations on my STI Edge

ichetucknee

I have an Edge in .40 caliber that I purchased from Dawson Precision and love the gun except for one thing....the serrations on the slide are very sharp. I'm looking for someone to take edge off the serrations. The slide is blued so I would need to get it refinished. Who does that kind of work for a reasonable price.

I had this same issue with my Edge, the serrations would literally saw thru my hand where is joins with my thumb.

I had my local GS bevel the bottom edge of the slide, it would still saw at my hand a bit, but near as bad as before. I wasn't too concerned about the finish as I was planning on having the gun hardchromed during the off season.

When I took the gun to my GS to prep and send it off for hardchrome I also took him a thumb guard to install when the gun was returned from the finisher. It worked out well.

When I was my GS build me a new Limited gun, I made sure that the serrations did not go all the way down to the bottom of the slide, that gun needs no thumb guard.

That said, any good GS can do what you need, especially any of the GS that frequent this sight.