Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What division would a Lionheart LH9 fit in?

JesseM

For those not familiar with this gun it has a unique trigger mechanism. Once the gun is cocked you can push the hammer forward which causes it to disengage from the cocking mechanism. The gun now sits cocked and yet with the hammer down. It's designed to be carried in that fashion with the safety down.

It seems like it could fit in either SSP or ESP depending on how you choose to carry it and it seems that depending on if lowering the hammer by pushing it is considered decocked there might be multiple ready conditions for each divison possible.

It's an interesting thought exercise and I'm curious what people here think.

Watching the video on their sight it's very similar to that however the big difference is that on the LH9 the safety is not tied to the hammer, pushing the hammer forward does not engage the safety, you can choose to use or not use the safety once the hammer has been pushed foward. It is also not technically a trigger pull weight is almost the same in SA mode as it is when you've pushed the hammer forward.

I would say if they are selling 2000 a year then it would be Ok for SSP I doubt they are selling that many yet so it would have to be in ESP.

Mike

I guess it depends on if you consider sold as in sold to a dealer or sold as in in private hands. I can absolutely see them selling 2000 to FFLs at this point.

They would still have to sell 20000 if they went titsup or discontinued the model. Rule 8.2.1.1.1

I just read it. It says "Have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units. Discontinued models must have had a total production of 20,000 units. "

So they don't have to have sold them just have to have made them.

that is a crazy rule, you could have a gun that is legal for 9 years based on 2k a year production but in year 10 they drop it and now its illegal, and do you have to call the manufacturer and get a letter showing the production numbers ad keep it in your bag to show the SO if they challenge your gun?

Also I wouldn't be too surprised if they have not made the 2k a year threshold, even at wholesale from Korea 2k guns is a pretty big investment

Mike

that is a crazy rule, you could have a gun that is legal for 9 years based on 2k a year production but in year 10 they drop it and now its illegal, and do you have to call the manufacturer and get a letter showing the production numbers ad keep it in your bag to show the SO if they challenge your gun?

Also I wouldn't be too surprised if they have not made the 2k a year threshold, even at wholesale from Korea 2k guns is a pretty big investment

Mike

It is a crazy rule but I think it's designed so you can't go to like Springfield Custom shop or something and try to say, "yeah this $3000 gun is totally factory stock" but in practice it means if you have some weird odd ball gun that isn't made in high quantity for whatever reason you technically can't use it. Like this gun or the Vektor CP1.