Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loosing parts

jeremy kemlo

I was changing out my shell plate on my dillon sd. I noticed a little power that need to get cleaned. So I removed the the little metal ball under the shell plate....it fell, hit my shoe and went under my work bench....I think that's where it went? I have not cleaned under the bench in years, looked for 30 min. And nothing. Not being able to load I decided to take apart the sd and replace the wave bearings, and other worn part and give it a good cleaning. As I was taking it apart I found the other small metal ball that I had dropped months ago. It had got stuck down in the ram. Now my machine is running like new and I don't have to call dillon for parts. So what turned out to be a hate...loosing parts...turned out to be a blessing.

I am glad that you found it. I could only imagine the people building AR's at the beginning of the year with only a parts kit, with only one part of each. lol. I have lost plenty of parts, but I just go back to the bin and grab another one. lol. I usually wind up finding the part when I am not looking for it.

I was changing out my shell plate on my dillon sd. I noticed a little power that need to get cleaned. So I removed the the little metal ball under the shell plate....it fell, hit my shoe and went under my work bench....I think that's where it went? I have not cleaned under the bench in years, looked for 30 min. And nothing. Not being able to load I decided to take apart the sd and replace the wave bearings, and other worn part and give it a good cleaning. As I was taking it apart I found the other small metal ball that I had dropped months ago. It had got stuck down in the ram. Now my machine is running like new and I don't have to call dillon for parts. So what turned out to be a hate...loosing parts...turned out to be a blessing.

am glad your SD works fine and cleaned. now you extra part for your SD for the part you found