Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P226 Enhanced Elite 9mm

Aiden

Greetings all,

So I've been shooting 1911s, XDs, and M&Ps, and I've really enjoyed them in a recreational sense. My CCW is an M&P Shield, and my game gun is an XD-9 Tactical with some bells and whistles. So I'm pretty clueless about Sigs.

My buddy has been looking around at getting a new gun, and he has been wanting a Sig. I like the looks of the smaller Sigs and such, but I didn't really like the 226 I had handled and found it was too big for my hands.

Well, he got excited one day, and called me saying that there was a 226 with a beavertail and something of a grip reduction, and that it could be had for around a grand.

Enter the P226 EE.

Anyone here have any experience with them, and are they worth the price tag? My main complaint seems to have been addressed with this incarnation and I'm interested!

$1k seems a little high, unless it's a stainless Elite. Sig's MSRP on the 226 Enhanced Elite (aluminum frame) is $1,175. Personally, I'd look at online dealers or see if he can locate a lightly used one. Granted, the lifetime warranty is void if he buys used, but if he likes to work on his own guns, parts are easily available.

Also keep in mind that for somewhere around $50, he can buy an E2 grip kit to add to any 226. http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-e2-grip-kit-p226.html