Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Draw times

Onepocket

There are a bunch of variable that can affect draw times. Distance to first plate, size and shape of first plate. Iron sights vs red dot, etc. My usual draw time, with my open gun with a C-more red dot, to a 10" round plate at 15 yards with an accurate hit on the plate are 1.2 - 1.4...maybe a little faster if I can get in some holster draw dry fire practice before a match. I know some other guys that I shoot with (and also shoot much more than me) that can draw on the same 10" @ 15yds in under 0.8....with iron sights.

Beyond the stage, you really can't answer that question without knowing what category you're shooting. On the same target, there's going to be a difference in draw time between a heavy Single Stack coming out of a standard "concealment" holster vs. a lightened Open gun coming out of an open "barely there" holster.

Having said that, if you watch guys like Bob Vogel and Taran Butler draw from a standard holster, it brings to mind the old adage that it's the Indian and not the arrow:

Edited by jkrispies