Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Initial sight alignment low

LHshooter

I have a recurring problem that I can't seem to get a handle on. When I start in a low gun ready position with a two-hand grip, when the timer sounds and I raise the pistol, almost every time I find myself with the front sight too low. I try to compensate by flexing my wrist a little upwards, and that usually helps but it feels a little unnatural. This then follows through when I move to other targets, my front sight tends to drop.

Is there something fundamental I am missing? Are there any drills I can perform to get my initial sight picture to be in alignment.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Before you lower the gun to the low ready postition, make sure you have a perfect sight alignment, then lower the pistol - by only pivoting downward from the shoulders. When the gun lowers, make sure nothing in your hands, grip, or wrists, or elbows moves. The when you raise the gun - by only pivoting upwards from the shoulders - and not moving your hands, grip, wrists, or elbows, you should have perfect sight alignment. If you don't, then you need to isolate what is moving, other than your shoulders, when you either lower or raise the pistol.

be

• 2 weeks later...

Don't look down your sight at the low ready. Doing so will make your sight alignment low (change in wrist angle) when you bring the gun up. Aim at the first target, keep your eyes on the target, and move you gun (arms only) to the low ready.