Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

49 cent XL650 Primer chute fix....

Probably like a lot of new guys to reloading with a 650 lots of my primers go down the ramp and inevitably the floor. But I really didn't want to spend $25 or more to fix it.

Off to the hardware store for a plastic electrical rough in box (the cheapest one that nails on) which also happens to be Dillon blue for those of you that care. Cost me all of 49 cents.

Chopped up and glued to the existing ramp with a bullet as a secondary stop... Works great. Ran almost 30 primers into it on purpose and not one of them hit the floor. Lift the bullet out of the way to retrieve the primers.

post-49551-0-20756100-1378162704_thumb.j Click on the picture for a larger view

Super glue works great as it is compatible with the PVC of the electrical

box and I do believe the original ramp is PVC.

Tony

I will try to get the picture to post in a larger size... I hate computers....

Edited by TonyK

I took one of those thin rubber rounds used to get extra grip on jar tops to make them easier to open. I cut it to length and placed it inside the cup. No more slide and bounce.

I went over to a friend house, he purchased a piece of lexan plastic you can find at a hobby store used for R/C cars and planes and simply made a cover.

I think you can also use some clear plastic tubing you can find in the plumbing dept and cover it as well

I am new to reloading and this was a PITA until I made the modification.

It is a quirk I cannot believe they did not address.

Edited by SixShooterFan