Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This hasn't been brought up before (that I could find).

If you are the kind of person who seeks professional shooting instruction (ie. Frank Garcia, Matt Burkett, TJ, etc... Is it better to pick one instructor and stick with him over the years, or to go to several instructors over the years?

I can think of pros and cons to both.

Just wondering what the opinions were .

Thanks.

Ray C.

I think it depends quite a bit on how satisfied you are with the experience(s) in your class(es).

I couldn't ask for better instruction to meet my needs than the classes I've had with Louis Awerbuck. He'll be back next summer, and I'll be there. On the other hand, I feel like trying some new stuff too. I will probably take an urban carbine class from Pat Rogers next summer.

If you find someone who is really good at diagnosing (and fixing) the problems you're having, it makes sense to go back to the source. If you develop an ongoing relationship where you know each other, the instructor knows your limits and capabilities and can tailor their feedback and solutions to meet your specific needs a lot better.

On the other hand, it's sometimes good to get a fresh set of eyes seeing the mistakes you make and perhaps getting a fresh perspective.

So, for me ... the answer is "Yes."