Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Thick Aluminium Grips

ThomasM

I can't speak of those, but I received my CZC thick aluminum grips today, and they seem just right. My SP-01 came with the standard rubber grips, the CZC thick grips are just a bit thinner. I would say if you need bigger grips, try the CZ Rubber grips, they are cheap to boot.

I also looked for bigger grips. The rubber ones are big, but tacky yet not grippy enough. I ordered a pair of old school CZ75 hard plastic grips. Profile is the same as the rubber ones, but since they're hard plastic, you can stick some grip tape on them.

Biggest grips with grip tape and cheap to boot.

I ordered the DAAs and I have the rubber already as we'll as the thin Aluminium and I have a friend who has started designing and creating competition grips for the CZ who is going to make me some out of derlin or delrin plastic to test and evaluate. I'll do a comparison on here once I get the custom and DAA grips.

I ordered the DAAs and I have the rubber already as we'll as the thin Aluminium and I have a friend who has started designing and creating competition grips for the CZ who is going to make me some out of derlin or delrin plastic to test and evaluate. I'll do a comparison on here once I get the custom and DAA grips.

I would be interested in what your friend makes. I took off the thick aluminum grips I bought. After shooting some, and dryfire, I found that I like the rubber grips better.

Edited by Apexer

Ill do a photo run down on here. I have the rubbe ones and just don't like how round they are. It make the gun less pointable in my brain. Plus my support hand still can't get a good grip on the gun even though its wider because they are rounded. He is making me a set out of delrin(sp?) but he made his out of G10 and is looking for a company that could produce them out at a price competitive enough to sell them for a profit. I don't know if any of you guys have worked with G10 but CNC folks hate it and charge a lot to make grips out of it. So he is also looking into Aluminium as well.