Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MTAC needs to warm up?

Neomet

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gives me enough time to sight it in, they sent a brand new one, and make it to the 200-600 yard fun shoot on the 28th. First time shooting out past 200 so it will give me a change to figure out how the 77s do.

Let know how the MTAC works for you. Prior to the MTAC I always used plain old crosshairs.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the MTAC at distance. Beyond 150 yards I'm still shooting better with a little Weaver 1-3x than the MTAC. I pulled the 6-18x scope from my varmint rifle to be sure it was not the gun or the load. I'm just not connecting worth a hoot at 200 yards. Not looking forward to some 500 yard shots next year.

If you have any tips for the MTAC on distant targets (other than lots of practice, I'm doing that), please pass them along.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

At the PA state rifle match they had a 200 stage. First time I shot 200. First 2 targets were off hand. Then 2 strings of 10 targets. 5 strong 5 weak from 2 different ports. I had a 100 yard zero with my 55s loads. My 77s were not far off at 100

The 5 steel triangles were 6in and the circles were 8in. I held on the target with the bottom of the primary dot and it seemed to work out decent in my favor.

If I have time, I am going to set up a calculator for this shoot and aim for a 200 yard zero and see how it works out. I have the Strelok app on my phone and it has our reticle on it which is great because it will show you where to hold.