Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody using Ramshot Competition for 9mm minor w/ 147grn bullets?

MGMorden

Been trying to work up a Production load for my M&P 9L using 147gr Precision Delta FMJ's and Ramshot Competition. Not having much luck.

I'm at 1.15" OAL and started at 2.5gr (figured I'd go really low to begin with). Worked up in 0.1gr intervals all the way up to 3.6gr. Power factor only went from average 100PF at 2.5gr to 114PF at 3.6gr so I'm still well shy of minor. Given some shots being slower and some faster I also didn't manage to get to a single loading where more than 5 shots (my shot group at each charge that I chrono) would consistently cycle the slide.

Has anyone gotten a reliable minor load with 147gr bullets with this powder? Looking through a lot of older forum posts the people using this for minor seem to be mostly using 124gr. I've still got a pound of Bullseye left (which I had been shooting with some cast lead bullets) and I'm wondering if I should just scrap this and start working up a load with that.

Thanks.

Edited by MGMorden

When I tried to worked up loads with this combination in my CZ 75 the only thing consistant I found was how inconsistent and inaccurate in my gun. Silhoutte on the other was a shining star.

• 2 months later...