Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TANGFOLIO LIMITED CUSTEM GRIP

Hi there.

I want to buy Tangfolio Limited Custem 9/19 for IPSC.

My hands are small and no option here to try the handgun before buying.

I will have to order it withuot trying.

How is the grip compare to CZ Shadow? CZ Shadow is the upper limit for me concern to the grip.

Have enyone experience with this gun ?

Thank you

GYT

There are some who say there is no difference in grip dimensions between the large and small frames (believe Henning is one of them), however the checkering on the front and rear of the Limited is raised where that of the Shadow is cut into the frame. In theory you could grind off the checkering and get it to a similar size as the Shadow (more of a square shape though).

The Jericho 941 is mechanically almost identical to the Tanfoglio, but has a significantly smaller grip, although if you want to shoot Limited in SAO you would need to find a frame safety model which is nearly impossible.

The slide mounted safety Jericho makes a great stand in for the Stock II in Production.

I had a Limited Custom in .40 and it was a large frame so the grip was larger than my CZ Shadow Custom.

I did not know that there are two frame size- large and small.

Can you explain little more about them?

Thank you

GYT

I posted this on a Tanfoglio forum:

Frames:

-small frame - capable of chambering .22, 9mm and .40 only (current models)

-large frame - capable of chambering .22, 9mm, .40, .38 Super, 10mm, .45 (and just about any handgun cartage). Prior to 2005 38/10/45 guns were large frame, 9/40 guns were small frame, but in 2005 EAA started importing all calibers in large frame format; then came the "Witness Classic" small frame 9/40 and the large (Witness P) and small (Witness PS) frame poly guns.

-standard and compact - refers to the length of the grip

Slides:

-compact - 3.6" barrel

-standard - 4.5" barrel

-longslide - 4.75" barrel

-Hunter - 6" barrel

Small frame slides house barrels with an OD of 14mm and large frame slides house barrels with an OD of 15mm

I am looking for Tangfolio 9/19 mm high capacity handgun(15+rounds) for ipsc standart devision.

As I mentioned before my hans are unfortunally small.

I am shooting Bul M5 for IPSC standart devision and COLT 1911 for Clasic division.

Both are very comfortable and easy to handel with my small hands.

Can you recomend me a Tangfolio handgun that will meet my problem?

Thank you again.

GYT

GYT,

If you're happy with your Shadow, you could always simply convert it to SAO and add a magwell, but if you want something with a smaller grip, here's what I recommend:

Jericho 941 (AKA Baby Eagle, Uzi Eagle, Desert Eagle Pistol) equipped with a frame mounted safety:

1287735551.jpg

I'm not sure of the availability where you are (I assume you're not in the US?), but here in the US, the slide mounted decocker safety models are most prevalent and no good for a SAO conversion. The Jericho is functionally identical to the Tanfoglio and has a significantly smaller grip. It takes the same mags as the small frame Tanfoglio or the CZ 75. With this pistol, you could use all the aftermarket parts you would for a small frame Tanfoglio: race hammer, flat trigger, magwell. It has a 4.5" barrel as opposed to the 4.75" long slide barrel of the Limited although you could purchase the small frame, long slide Tanfoglio conversion kit and shoot it on this frame if you so chose. The frame safety Jericho is essentially a Stock II, with a thinner grip, lighter slide, fixed sights and a straight barrel as opposed to the cone barrel of the Stock II.

tan_stock_II.jpg