Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thin plastic grips and they're available

shawnba67

I've been trying to get my hands on some of the new plastic grips to trim up my Match for awhile now. The other day I found a company that sells a composite grip for the Witness, https://coppergungrips.com/. They purchase page took me to gunbroker a little odd but I've bought enough to be comfortable with broker. So $34 dollars and 5 days later they're here. Mine took a little trimming to fit to my liking, they trim easy enough and come in a lava rock or grip tape texture, 10 colors. Any way heres the nuts and bolts of it I measured the width of my old rubber and new plastic ones at 4 spots. Now I like they feel of these shape wise and they are considerably thinner.

Rubber Copper gun grips

1.397 1.201

1.383 1.248

1.385 1.288

1.387 1.318

Now none af these numbers can be exact and their is more to grip feel than width alone, But you can shape plastic much easier than rubber and they're priced to experiment. Anyway heres the pictures the blue lines are where i measured at with calipers.SANY1838.jpg

SANY1840.jpg

78fa09ab-a65c-49e0-883e-e65c3cfc9686.jpg

I am not a paid anything, Just thought someone else might have been searching for thin plastic grips also, This site has helped me numerous times just looking to try and give back a little

Edited by shawnba67

Glad to see someone found some grips recently for the match, and thanks for sharing. Just picked up my match .45 a couple days ago, and thinking about changing out the grips and front site before long.

Shawn, I'm not familiar with that type of grip material. It looks pretty rough, which I'm sure is good for gripping, but how is it on the hands after a lenthgy round of shooting?

Intercooler2, which Hogue grip is that on your pistol? I assume the one I read where it's a bit of a bear to get on the gun? Is it much thinner than the stock plastic grips on the match? Thanks