Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FABARM shotgun anygood?

sgrc1

So I am interested in purchasing a shotgun for competition, unfortunatly in Guatemala there are only cheap, low quality, shotguns.. the only thing decent around here seems to be FABARM (a bit pricy) BUT very nice finish and smooth operation.

I read an old topic on this forum but it didnt really say much about them, specifically I have 3 options, H638 Lion, H35 Titanium, if anybody has had experience with them I would appreciate any feedback.

In case nobodoy has had any experience, what would be the key features to look for on a competition shotgun, maybe I can compare the features to the shotgun and decide for myself if is has what it needs.

Thanks

sgrc1

I have always been disappointed by Fabarms in general and unless there has been some significant advancement in the last couple of years I couldn't recommend them for competition. There is nobody in the UK using them for competition although we have seen one or two newbies start out with them. They have always been replaced with something else.

Try to stick with Remington, Benelli, Browning or Winchester. Some Mossbergs, or at least (in my experience) Mossberg pump guns, are OK as well but not as favoured today as they used to be a few years back.

Skywalker,

thanks, I can find someone to translate to me the Italian document, so appreciate if you can send it to me when you get a chance.

Neil,

from reading posts on this forum I see that the brands you mentioned are the favorite ones amongst competitors, however as I mentioned none of those brands are available around here, so I have to shoot what we can buy locally.

Thanks,