Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tube Extension Question

There is *some* commonality between brands. My goto is nordic components website to determine which extension tube can be shared across which brands/platforms.

Hope that helps.

I got a tube from Y2k that I had on my 870 that was even with a 26 or 28" barrel. I don't even know what brand it is. I'll probably just try it when I get whichever gun I end up with. I just saw that most didn't have a "model" in the choices at Midway and Brownells.

Thanks for the info.

If you really want to figure it out, hardware stores sell a thread pitch gauge you could use to measure it with. Contact the gun maufacturer and see what threads come on the gun. Wouldn't be too hard...but probably easier to just wait and see, buy a new tube if you need it (get a Nordic).

If you really want to figure it out, hardware stores sell a thread pitch gauge you could use to measure it with. Contact the gun maufacturer and see what threads come on the gun. Wouldn't be too hard...but probably easier to just wait and see, buy a new tube if you need it (get a Nordic).

Nordic is about all I see for sell on sites so that's what I'd get.

All the Nordic tubes are the same thread so the tubes are interchangeable , but you need a different barrel nut for the 870 and m2 but this allows you to change tube length from gun to gun..

Is there any advantage to taking the tubes and swithching back and forth? I would think the hassel vs. cost savings would not make sense.

It's definitely easier to have a tube on each gun but one could save a few bucks swapping back and forth which is why I suggested it.