Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ponsness/Warren

Talk to me about the Ponsness for the Dillon 650. Those of you that have them, what are some issues you are running into? Do you really like it for that $950 price tag? I'm thinking of getting one, but wanted to get a feel for how people feel about them..

Also, is the Ponsness the only auto drive system out there for the Dillon, or is there others?

I don't have one for a 650 but do have one on a 1050. I would suggest not getting one for a 650. At least the 1050 does everything on the down stroke but it took long enough to get it set just right. l couldn't imagine trying to get one set right on a 650, where you have to hit both ends of the stroke with precision.

not to mention I have never had a 650 run quite as smooth as a 1050.

I thought about getting one for my SL900, but like jmorris said, I can't go for 100 rounds without something needing a little touch.

Don't get me wrong, I love my press and having loaded shotgun shells on everything except a Spolar, I would not even consider anything else but they are mechanical and as such, prone to needing attention from time to time.