Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

first President's medal

dirtypool40

Just finished shooting the 2004 Bolivian Open in Santa Cruz.

I won Standard Division and my first president's medal, but I did it the hard way.

stanley_trophy.jpg

I won the first stage we shot, then dug myself a 70+ point hole behind my training partner, who flatly refused to stop shooting smoothly. I made up a few points on him, but by the end of day 1 (Friday) I was still stuck about 55 points.

dropping the popper activated the swingers. I made a good draw, and was done with the first static, waiting on the left swinger to appear.

stanley_draw.jpg

This one was a toughy. Hang onto a pole lean way out and shoot no-shoot guarded poppers weak hand only.

stanley_poppers.jpg

Saturday Day 2 - it was windy and dusty, like I hear the South African WS was. Guns that had just been cleaned would not run two stages, by the end of the day I could not get the safety on my safety up on the LAMR command, and once in my holster it would not come out! Toughest conditions I ever shot in.

stanley_bag.jpg

My goal for the eight stages was an 80 point swing. I hung tough, and Mike made a few errors, and by the end of the day there had been an 85 point swing. I went from 55 back to 30 out in front.

Sunday I put up two safe, boring runs, and won Standard Division by 55 points.

My buddy came in second, and because of our finishes, the Santa Cruz team won the Team title as well.

Mike, Me and Carlito on the stand. The medals are for stage wins. Mike won three, I won seven, leaving only eight for the rest of the field to split.

stanley_stand.jpg

I hope it increases the collectors value ;)

The most valuable stamp in the world is just that because of a spelling misstake so you can expect millions in extra value.. :D;)

p.s. glad you have changed avatar - couldn't make the other one fit you,