Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Contingency credit from 2012?

Has anyone experienced difficulty with getting STI items with their 2012 contingency credit? I first put in for mags with last year's credits, but switched because of the extent of the backorder to 1911 parts... been waiting a few months now and nothing. Emailed and called STI, nothing.

Anyone else?

Edited by mikeg1005

I don't think it's disregard for existing customers as much as total overwhelming demand. I know what it's like to come in on a Monday morning to a voice mail box that's full and so many phone calls coming in that you couldn't even get your messages off the vm box. Then when each successive day is the same and it becomes impossible to manage. It finally comes done to turning your vm box off, and answering request one at a time as they come. I'm sure that email can be the same.

I know it's frustrating when you are the one trying to get thru but remember you aren't the only one.

I got through to them, someone requested all my information again, we'll see if something comes out of it this time.

I don't think it's disregard for existing customers as much as total overwhelming demand. I know what it's like to come in on a Monday morning to a voice mail box that's full and so many phone calls coming in that you couldn't even get your messages off the vm box. Then when each successive day is the same and it becomes impossible to manage. It finally comes done to turning your vm box off, and answering request one at a time as they come. I'm sure that email can be the same.

I know it's frustrating when you are the one trying to get thru but remember you aren't the only one.

Not getting back to your existing customers is disregarding them... regardless of the reason. I mean, I get it, they have to prioritize things, and I'm sure the guys that are getting "free stuff" are at the bottom.

In my line of work, when I get overloaded with things to do, I work late to catch up.

It really wouldn't bother me if they told me accurate lead times. 3-4 weeks turning into 14 and counting is not acceptable. If I did that at my job(construction) I could delay the whole project. Maybe I'm just asking for too much but its not challenging to tell people realistic lead times, I do it everyday, so does the rest of the world. Always better to have a long lead time and come in early rather than having to tell someone their stuff isn't coming on time, because it screws up their plans.

Edited by mikeg1005

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless on what business you are in failing to respond to phone messages and emails is simply bad business. If you don't want to answer them then you should put a message on the phone indicating that you won't be answering and set up an automatic email response stating the same thing. Bad customer service is bad customer service. When you are offering a program for free, based as an incentive to purchase your product, to people who have possibly invested multiple 1000's of dollars, if not 10's of 1000's of dollars and then not even answer emails or phone calls let alone ship promised product, that's wrong. You can't explain it away. Now that other people are making the frames this is going to cost STI a lot of customers and that's too bad. I have supported them since day one having purchased dozens of frames and guns, currently owning 8. But if there isn't some type of change, they will be the last ones I own. Most of the guys I know that shoot STI's feel the same way. If they aren't going to pay the contingency money they should be honest and close the program down.

Edited by Bob Hostetter

• 3 weeks later...