Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Advice on Suppressor Adapter for 9mm

Desmo412

I have a JP GMR-13 on order. For those that haven't heard about it, this is JP's new 9mm AR with a billet lower that takes Glock mags They are currently only offering it in a 14.5" barrel. I am interested in purchasing a suppressor eventually for this gun, but I don't want to have to SBR the gun also. Can someone recommend a suppressor adapter I can have pinned on this gun for future suppressor use?

Thanks

Glenn

I talked to YHM about the Q.D. mount...they said they do not recommend pinning and welding it to the barrel due to the spring washer that needs to be serviced occasionally. I wish JP would just put a 16" barrel on the gun....I don't see why that is such a problem. Does anybody know of any other options out there?

I talked to YHM about the Q.D. mount...they said they do not recommend pinning and welding it to the barrel due to the spring washer that needs to be serviced occasionally. I wish JP would just put a 16" barrel on the gun....I don't see why that is such a problem. Does anybody know of any other options out there?

Seriously? The spring washer (aka crush washer) is unnecessary when pinning and welding the muzzle device. That being said, it will be necessary to ensure that shoulder behind the muzzle is square to bore. I wouldn't hesitate to move on the idea after verifying the quality of the barrel threading.

You could also look at a Gemtech 3-Lug mount /w a Raptor II. The only concern I have is that the adapter is not long enough to make 16 inches after it has been pinned.

Edited by Mark Gale

I think he was talking about the spring washer that tensions the suppressor.

I have a YHM Wraith 9mm can and I use it mostly on my 22 bolt gun since my YHM mite sucks the big one!

I don't have a 9mm subgun at all so I can't comment on it's effectiveness in that caliber.

I can tell you that for 300 Blk it works OK but accuracy suffers compared to the 30 cal can.

A 3-lug mount might be a better option if YHM says their washer might fail.

Nick

I think he was talking about the spring washer that tensions the suppressor.

I have a YHM Wraith 9mm can and I use it mostly on my 22 bolt gun since my YHM mite sucks the big one!

I don't have a 9mm subgun at all so I can't comment on it's effectiveness in that caliber.

I can tell you that for 300 Blk it works OK but accuracy suffers compared to the 30 cal can.

A 3-lug mount might be a better option if YHM says their washer might fail.

Nick

Understood...

How does pinning the muzzle device prevent you from servicing the suppressor? I didn't see that the mount was an assembly of parts. Are the photos correct on their website?

Edited by Mark Gale