Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slapped on a Benelli bolt release on my 930

JesseCJC

Success! It didn't work out the way I had planned but I was able to get it attached.

I opened up the hole a little more with the diamond dremel and killed another tap. While tring to tighten a screw in the hole it finally just pushed thru. So, I went to Lowes picked up a pack of 4-40 x 1" screws and nuts. I took it apart and shoved a screw thru it like it was a stud and applied locktite to a nut and tightened it up. Due to the screw head in the bore I had to cut two coils off the spring because it wouldn't go back together since the spring was bottomed out.

The nut on the outside of the slide release really raised the add-on up a bit so I jammed two nuts together on another screw and clamped it in a vise. I then heated the nuts up pretty good with a long reach butane fire starter. Once hot, I placed the nylon release lever on this screw with hot nuts and tightened another nut down to imbed the nut impression in the back of the release.

I made sure the flats on the release side nut aligned with the add-on release in the correct postion I wanted and reassembled the gun.

After checking for proper fit I installed the release with a washer nut then I ground the extra length off with a dremel.

Finally, I removed the nut, added locktite and reinstalled the nut.

Maybe at some future time I'll be by a hobby shop and find an acorn nut but at this point this project is closed and time for more reloading practice.

IMG_0125_zps67f9f782.jpg

IMG_0123_zps7e4cbe80.jpgIMG_0124_zps4826ef3b.jpg

Edited by LikesToShoot

i'll be very curious about function. reason i say that is the bolt release button is also part of the shell stop assembly. that particular part is really a touchy one. tons of folks have had to play with it to work right. wondering if hanging additional weight to that part might cause an issue feeding. let us know.

i'll be very curious about function. reason i say that is the bolt release button is also part of the shell stop assembly. that particular part is really a touchy one. tons of folks have had to play with it to work right. wondering if hanging additional weight to that part might cause an issue feeding. let us know.

I don't see where a little plastic piece would have and effect on the shell stop but I will keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Speaking of the shell stop, that sucker was shaving hulls like a potatoe peeler. The scraps would end up under the shell stop and in the trigger group. They seemed it interfere with the shell stop and bolt release after prolonged used. So taking a tip from Mark in his port opening thread, I arced and smoothed down the shell stop and no more peels in my gun. :)

Thanks Mark!

It has not effected function in my gun. I've only put about a hundred and fifty rounds through it since making the modification and it's been the same perfectly functioning gun that it's always been. I don't know what the weight of the Arrendondo unit is but I'm guessing that given its greater size, my homemade button has more mass.