Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open XDm

DrLove

folks, I'll be building an open XDM just because I love Xdms and it would server as my back up gun (for an STI). I will also use exclusively for 3 gun. Question is, I'm hesitant should I use the 5.25 or the 4.5 as my base given that I will add a comp and mount?

I looked and couldn't find a correct threaded barrel for the 5.25. If you get the 4.5 it is a one stop shop for all the open gun parts at bobby carvers website. The 4.5 is nice for a open gun, it is light, points well, and the parts are readily available. Heads up the springer comp works a lot better with some bleeder holes in the 2nd and final port in the comp, and autocomp is really good.

That sounds like my set up, but I did the XDm first and then bought the STI.

I looked and couldn't find a correct threaded barrel for the 5.25. If you get the 4.5 it is a one stop shop for all the open gun parts at bobby carvers website. The 4.5 is nice for a open gun, it is light, points well, and the parts are readily available. Heads up the springer comp works a lot better with some bleeder holes in the 2nd and final port in the comp, and autocomp is really good.

We have the barrels. 9mm barrels will be back in stock Wed. We have a bunch of photos on our facebook page. As far as 4.5 versus 5.25, if you are shooting minor for 3-gun, I would go with the 4.5 and lighten the slide since it can be lighten more than the 5.25. Just let me know if you need any help.

We have the barrels. 9mm barrels will be back in stock Wed. We have a bunch of photos on our facebook page. As far as 4.5 versus 5.25, if you are shooting minor for 3-gun, I would go with the 4.5 and lighten the slide since it can be lighten more than the 5.25. Just let me know if you need any help.

I was actually indeed planing on sending it to you guys for a trigger job and slide lightning. Question is, what's your turn around time these days?