Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N330 & MG

MDlineman

Thanks, I saw your post and it is impressive. Believe it or not, I did a search and found a few loads. I am experimenting and I was just looking for any new info. I read you were going to do some more testing with different loads but I never saw a follow up. How did they work out?

I had to do some repairs to the ransom rest. Just got it done last weekend. I did lots of testing with N330, the one that I posted was the best group. It was a little slow. I am shooting 4.4gn N330 with OAL of 1.100 at 1040 fps. I will be doing some testing on N320 soon. The N320 works better for minor loads, N330 would do better with mid range loads 1100-1200 fps

I loaded some MG 124 HP on top of 4.6gn N330 @ 1.11 OAL (working down from 1.35 OAL). My groups are getting tighter but it is raining this evening so I will not get to test them until later this weekend. We have a tropical storm moving in so it looks like I will have time to make up some loads. Thanks for the info. I will let you know how they shoot out of my pistol.

I am not good enough for competition shooting, yet. I just enjoy bullseye shooting and I enjoy experimenting with different powders and projectiles to get the most accurate performance from my gun. It shoots much better than me. I do chronograph my loads and keep my "recipes" on file. This is the first chance that I have had to work with Vihtavuori. I lucked into a few pounds and I want to see if the hype is real.

"I am not good enough for competition shooting" Sure you are. Competition makes you shoot more, move you away form hot loads and it's fun. most new shooters are using factory ammo, it has more recoil then most re-loaded ammo for target shooting. 1150fps vs 1040fps. also look in to getting some trigger work on your gun, this will help your shooting skills a lot.

Vihtavuori does burn clean when loaded at 90-98% of max load. this is why most target shooters run N320 when using Vihtavuori. It burns fast, has a softer recoil and you make power factor at 95-98% max load, this makes it burn clean & makes good groups. the soft recoil helps the shooter shoot better(faster & more accurate).