Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bushnell Holosight

jkushner1

[edit: I merged the two threads]

Primarly an IPSC and Steel Shooter (centerfire), I was lacking (always wanted) a rimfrire handgun for steel matches. In addition, I never owned a revolver which I also always wanted (I always have 10 too many guns - a true gunaholic). Anyway, I decided on an S&W 617 10 shot 22LR 6" Bbl revolver which I love. NOW, I had intended from the beginning to put a red dot on top of this gun as the majority of rimfire steelshooters do. I opted for a Bushnell Holosight (which I also have on my AR15 in the form of a Eotech 551 which I plan use in tactical class for IPSC 3 gun a rifle side matches). It is the longer 2A battery version Holosight, ANYWAY, THE SETUP IS QUITE HEAVY, BUT I THINK MANAGABLE. I think Miculek and Barnart are using these on bigger caliber revolvers. HAS ANYONE EXPERIMENTED WITH THIS SETUP. HAVE YOU HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE WEIGHT OF THE RIG. I AM GOING TO SIGHT IN AT THE RANGE THIS SATURDAY (15 YDS). AND AM CURIOUS IF ANYONE THINKS I SHOULD GO A DIFFERENT RED DOT ROUTE, I.E. JP/DOCTER, OKO/ATN, ADCO/NIKON, ETC.

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by Flexmoney

(Moderator - feel free to dlete my other more indepth post).

I have the latest Bushnell Holosight (AA Batt. version - longer) on top of my S&W 617 22LR 10 shot 6" revolver for Steel Shooting. I have not shot it yet - it is quite big, somewhat heavy. I'm hoping it will be manageable at the speeds you need for steel shoots.

Has anyone used a similar rig - any comments welcome.

Thanks,

Jon

:)

One of our shooters had the older version of the Holosight. It had to weight as much as the new AA batery version?

He had his on a PC 625 with the removable comp.

He then put it on a Beretta (haevy target, not sure of the model #) .22 caliber for rimfire steel.

I shot a steel challenge match with it on the Beretta. Seemed fine.

He did sell it (with the 625 maybe) and he got a C-more.