Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady Lock-N-Load AP

Made 2 parts for my Hornady press a low primer alarm using and a primer slide positioner. The low primer alarm doesn't contact the powder measure housing and the primer slide positioner makes sure the slide is in the right position so the primer seater punch doesn't damage the primer slide.post-13253-0-93685600-1369328968_thumb.jpost-13253-0-92952700-1369328979_thumb.jpost-13253-0-89767500-1369328991_thumb.j

What problem specifically is the 'positioner' intended to solve?

Have you actually seen the primer slide not return fully, and if so, with a serviceable spring?

I haven't had this issue as of yet, but it seems if the shuttle spring isn't completely worn/stretched, the primer slide is sanded/polished/de-burred, this shouldn't be a real issue.. ??

I don't think I'd like the primer slide positioner you built.

The only real issue I've had with the slide not going into position is when I've been forcing primers into crimped pockets & brass shavings have collected in the slide relief not allowing the slide assembly to come fully forward. I'd think I'd simply break more slide assemblies if I had that positioner installed.

What problem specifically is the 'positioner' intended to solve?

Have you actually seen the primer slide not return fully, and if so, with a serviceable spring?

I haven't had this issue as of yet, but it seems if the shuttle spring isn't completely worn/stretched, the primer slide is sanded/polished/de-burred, this shouldn't be a real issue.. ??

Sometimes it hangs up. Then the punch takes a chunk out of the side of the hole intended for primers. Usually leaves a burr that makes it hang up more.