Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maintence Intervals for Gen4 Glocks?

JesseM

Just send it to Glock they will not charge you for the tenth time :), you probably won't even have to pay for shipping to them. They don't care if it's a twenty year old beat to death Glock as they are just a great customer service, never have they asked about me registering my pistol warranty. They enter your name and info, serial, etc into the system and take care of business.

3rd time. And the first time anyone ever told me they wouldn't charge me for it.

They got back to me yesterday and I will have to pay to ship it.

Just send it to Glock they will not charge you for the tenth time :), you probably won't even have to pay for shipping to them. They don't care if it's a twenty year old beat to death Glock as they are just a great customer service, never have they asked about me registering my pistol warranty. They enter your name and info, serial, etc into the system and take care of business.

3rd time. And the first time anyone ever told me they wouldn't charge me for it.

They got back to me yesterday and I will have to pay to ship it.

That's good, I didn't want to come off rude just want to see you get it running :)

I think if you get an FFL to ship it for you then you can save some money on shipping since it has to be overnighted or some rule like that. I don't believe they will actually charge you to work on it unless it was damaged from stippling or user induced damage. Let us know how it goes and take care!

From 2006 to 2011, I owned and shot a Glock 34 without knowing that had to change parts.

I kept it reasonably clean but I shot probably 50k over those 5 years.

In 2011, I went to an armorer's course and they said I should change the recoil spring every 5,000 rounds.... Oops.

So now I shoot even more yearly and just change all the springs to factory new every January for all my guns no matter how much they're shot just to keep on top of it.

• 2 months later...

I shipped the pistol to Glock and had it returned about a week and a half ago. The note that came with it was not very informative so I emailed them to ask what if anything they did.

They replied that they replaced a damaged extractor and connector. I could have probably fixed it with an Apex extractor.