Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport

Jody Waring

Pleased to say I made it through a 13 stage match yesterday very successfully in my first official attempt in IPSC standard division with my .40 TS. I am very happy with this pistol!! I had some issues with when I first bought it, but seem to have that solved. I tried 3 different lots of ammo (hand loads) and it ran like a champ. I had a couple of comments by fellow shooters that the gun seems to shoot pretty flat. I used a load from Hodgson's website with 5.4 gr of WSF and a 180 gr fmj and it shot really nice. I backed the load off a couple of tenths and used a cast 180 and it felt really good as well. Only real issue to report is that a couple of mags didn't drop as freely as I liked, but with a little smoothing out I'm sure they will be fine. Gun is totally stock other than I added a fibre front sight and my gun has grip panel spacers that allow me to use small frame CZ mags with use of a small fame mag release. After yesterday I might have a hard time going back to production division!

I used a Canadian manufacture bullet- "AIM" which is a flat point, and the cast bullet is a conical type flat point. They both fed perfectly. The book says 1.135" if I recall correctly, but I loaded to 1.130 to keep from engaging the rifling with the bullets used. If you email me, I'll send you a pic of both.