Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp Tac Belt Feed for Production Div.

robomanusa

Yeah I am still in Korea. Coming home in December for leave and going back in January. I have even made plans to go to Lawrenceville, GA to shoot an USPSA match with the GPSL guys while I am home on leave. I hope to make it back to the DFW area to shoot one day. I have planned to stray from IDPA. I shot the Toys for Tots USPSA Match before I left Columbia, SC and had a lot of fun doing it. I realized that I had been missing a lot of good shooting. I guess I learned you shouldn't knock something until you try it and I never really shot an USPSA match because people said that I wouldn't like it. But, I never felt fulfilled shooting IDPA; I felt like I was missing out on something. I felt that my shooting was not tested so I am going to focus on USPSA when I get back to the states. I will continue to shoot some IDPA because it is a chance to shoot and have fun. I will not make it back to the states for good until March 2007. I am taking command again in Korea for an extra year. That hasn't stopped me from planning out my goals and my shooting events though. I am also making up a tentative list of major shooting competitions that I would like to attend once I get back.

I am going to call CompTac tonight and order the beltfeed so I will have it once I get back to the states on leave. I already have my RS trigger waiting for me. Anything else you think I would need the would benefit me in the Production Division or in USPSA in general?

Thanks.

I've got the Beltfeed and like it a lot. I'd say that if you're new to the sport and have limited funds, your money would be better spent on a trigger job, better sights, or a good holster and belt. After you have all that and still want to burn some cash, the Beltfeed is a great product and keeps you from having to reach back to your spine for that 4th mag. And it's well within the 50mm rule, for me.

I've been using the belt feed most of this year in production. I used my scoring overlay, issued during RO class a while back, and it does in fact pass muster, being well within the 50mm rule.

As to the belt feed in operation, it does work well, but you will need to practice with it. It has it's own manual of arms. Draw from back to front outboard before drawing from the inner mag holders. Another suggestion is to heat and re-shape the tabs that snap over the belt for a more secure grip on the belt. Last but not least make sure all ags to be used in the Belt-Feed are all the same make and size. I had an issue using mags made by Beretta USA and also Beretta Italy. Look the same, not the same exact deminsions. Caused a sloopy fit and resulted in mags being pulled out when drawing an adjacent mag.

Like I said, it works well if you practice with it and are aware of potential problems.

Edited by peashooter