Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Considering the shortage of supplies what ...

chopps

experiances have you guys had with Hodgdon longshot powder in 9mm's ?

Found some of this locally but never have used it.

I saw in the hodgdon reloading guide there was a recipe for it and considering buying some to get me by untill I can find some W231/hp-38 , universal clays or HS-6 which are my preferences.

Thanks for the advice

Edited by chopps

He is asking about your PF=power factor , it is used in some matches to determine classifications.. I may get corrected here as I am still learning some of this myself.

minor/major power factor is a term used in uspsa (& some other) competitions. It is a number arrived at by multiplying bullet weight times velocity then dividing by 1000. It affects scoring. If you shoot major power loads, you get more points for less than perfect hits on the target. This works with the assumption that major power loads have more recoil, thus being harder to control, meaning they slow you down somewhat. Common with uspsa scoring major power factor is 165(this could be arrived at with a 165gr bullet going at least 1000fps). Anything 165 or higher is major power factor. Minor power factor is 125 minimum to 164.999.

Does that make a little sense?

minor/major power factor is a term used in uspsa (& some other) competitions. It is a number arrived at by multiplying bullet weight times velocity then dividing by 1000. It affects scoring. If you shoot major power loads, you get more points for less than perfect hits on the target. This works with the assumption that major power loads have more recoil, thus being harder to control, meaning they slow you down somewhat. Common with uspsa scoring major power factor is 165(this could be arrived at with a 165gr bullet going at least 1000fps). Anything 165 or higher is major power factor. Minor power factor is 125 minimum to 164.999.

Does that make a little sense?

______________________________________________________________________________________

Yes it does.

Ahh ok then Minor power factor is my goal with IDPA.

Edited by chopps