Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Top End from CZ Custom?

lawboy

So I keep looking at these top ends and they NEVER seem to be in stock.

Do they exist? Are they like hens teeth?

Do they drop onto your frame or do they need fitting?

Accuracy?

Fitment?

Same finish as the guns have?

Come on folks, educate me! :goof:

I would like to buy one to add to my "parts kit" for my SPO1 Shadow if reports are good.

What say you?

If you are talking about this one, I got one a few months back when they were available

http://czcustom.com/shadow9mmtopend.aspx

put it on my CZ75 SA frame that I use for my open top end.

Did not need fitting,just as accurate as all CZ's and runs great,I have been using it for 9mm limited minor since I am still waiting for jacketed bullets to load major.

I have been running 125 grn TC bear Creek molly bullets thru it,only problem is Bear Creek bullets and Tite group (bullets tumble),but hey they are all loaded so I am not about to pull all bullets they hit what I aim at.

Black Bullets International Molly's do not tumble,so I will be loading those with WST and Alliant American Select

Finish is like a dull bluing not polycoat.

Yes, that is the one. Good to hear it works as it should. Finish difference is kind of hokey though, but not a big deal.

I will get one when they are available again. Getting a second Shadow in CA is doable but such a pain in the ass that I think I will just go with my very well stocked parts bin with this top end added to it and call it good for traveling to matches.