Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PS => EZW export - shooter class missing

We used PractiScore this weekend for the first "real" time. This one I have to send in to USPSA. When I import (email) from PS into EZWin via the Match::Handheld menu, I'm not getting shooter class. In fact, I can't find that column name or column data field in the reg.txt export out of PS. Do I, or more importantly does USPSA, care? Just seems odd to look in EZW and see all those "U" shooters. Thanks - Bill

That's because, indeed, the shooter class is not transferred. Always run a classification update in EZWS after importing a match.

USPSA doesn't *really* care, but if someone goes to a match results page on the USPSA website, the display will be wrong.

For activity reports, it doesn't matter either. Effectively, classifications never go "up" to USPSA, only "down" from. Only the results of classifiers that are uploaded will cause a change in the classification. So except for making reports display correctly, it's not important that they be correct.

(And although I can make a case against it, I've always wondered why the classifications displayed in a match results aren't pulled from the database on the server, rather than what's uploaded in the match results...)

Once you import to ezwin you can run a class updtate if needed... i dont usually put classifications in PS

But if you're uploading results to the practiscore.com site, you *should* run a classification update on the iPad or Android device so the results on the PS website do display the shooter's classification.

Once you import to ezwin you can run a class updtate if needed... i dont usually put classifications in PS

But if you're uploading results to the practiscore.com site, you *should* run a classification update on the iPad or Android device so the results on the PS website do display the shooter's classification.
True but for the most part the only reason i send results to PS website it that instant gratification of the shooters... they generally have the understanding that whats posted to USPSA is the final result

True but for the most part the only reason i send results to PS website it that instant gratification of the shooters... they generally have the understanding that whats posted to USPSA is the final result

The point is not whether it's official results or not. The point is that when people want to compare themselves to other 'B' shooters that the classifications are reasonably correct.