Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miculek rides out the flood !!!!!

hopalong

With a steady rain all day the man known as "MR Revolver" rode out the flood.

Ole hopalong got to watch him on the stage named "Hoser Heaven" (I was the RO)

and did not get to watch any other of his stages <_<

on my stage there was 5 steel (one activated a swinger on the other side of a barricade and some barrels) and 3 static targets over with the swinger)all this going to the left.

A barricade in the middle 5 steel(all bunched up by the way) one which operated another swinger like the left side and 3 more static targets.

I kind of expected him to shoot all 5 steel(going left), reload going to the statics shoot 2 of them and the swinger when it appeared, reload and get the easiest static and then go do the other side like wise.

NOPE he shot two of the steel (one of the activators) went and shot the statics and swinger , picked up the other 3 on the way back by and then shot the right side the way I expected. did it in the average speed the open and Limited guys were shooting it in.

Talking to the others (ROs) they all said that even though they have seen him shoot before that he never fails to amaze them.

Now as a RO, if there were more shooters out there like Him and Kay we would be spoiled rotten, those two are some of the most hard working I have had the pleasure to be around.

I shot the "other Shootin Iron" (610) as I had temporarily used up all my match .45 bullets and reverted back to the other "old reliable".

There were 8 stages in the match and Jerry won all 8, Hopalong finished 2nd in 6 of them and 6th in the other 2 (that is what happens when you skip a target on one stage and then short stroke the trigger twice on the other).

There were 7 revolver shooters there( Not bad for a State match ) but here is How it washed out

1st Jerry Miculek GM 100%

2nd Sam Keen A 70.12%

3rd Henry Thiels U 61.07%

4th Richard Timberlake B 59.20%

5th Pat Deberry C 52.31%

6th Robert Williams D 46.96%

7th Hank Stern C 45.52%

I went back after it was all over and took out the 2 mikes for short stroking the gun and the 2 mikes for leaving a target not shot at and put D hits in there instead then I removed the Failure to engage penalty and redid the match math and came up 8% so Jerry still would have sailed smoothly through the flood.

On another note,(just to show you how good a guy he really is) when I short stroked the trigger I thought I had light hits so I took the grip off my gun and turned the strain screw half a turn(just in case) while doing that at the safe table I dropped the grip screw on the ground and could not find it.(I had 2 stages left to shoot)

Jerry and Kay were looking at the stages and just happend to walk by, I asked him if he had any extras with him, and He said he did not but would lend me his out of his gun. he went and took his out while we looked for mine some more and still did not find it. he gave me his and went looking at the other stages and told me to find him at the hotel.

Just as soon as he drove off to get a hotel room we found mine and I put it back in the gun and stuck his in my pocket to make sure I did not lose it.

Now I had only met and shot with him and Kay at 1 previous match, he called my name and remembered me from that one match (area-3) and then let me use his screw from his own match gun (he did not bring an extra either).

This kind of stuff is what makes him and Kay so good. He did not have to do that but he volunteered that I use his to finish the match with. How else could you descibe these two except as "Good Folk".

Sorry for the long post but that is well worth mentioning.

Hopalong

Nice post Sam. Jerry does seem like a nice guy from all the stories I've heard. I cannot wait to meet him. Only 320 days to go ;)

BTW, nice result you've got yourself there mate! I would never hate being 2nd next to Jerry.

No, I gave it back to him so he could demonstrate the propper way to use a revolver!!!! ;)

Thanks Firewalker, see you in Corinth in about 4 weeks????

someone with the initials JM said he was thinking about making the trip up. :)

Hopalong

Stephanie back to shooting yet?    :)

I think she will be in short order, she is probally still getting used to being newly wed. By short order I mean im positive she will return as she married the co owner of our large indoor range here locally. I cant imigane not wanting to activly shoot again.. :P rumor is she will be using a bottom feeder next :wacko:

Practice B) yea thats something i need to continue to be competative....I heard u handle a wheelie well ;)

Frederick