Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just got my first competition revolver!

GTOGuy06

You made a good choice with the North Mountain Products. I have found his moonclip holder is the best on the market. I use mine for USPSA with 6 rd 45 ACP moonclips and for ICORE with 8 rd 38 Super moonclips. It holds both very securely. Other brands will not hold both sizes. Anything you buy from Bob at NMP will be first quality. A Blade tech kydex holster will work fine for USPSA.

Speed-E-Rack moonclip holder is what I use. The North Mountain is really good to but it comes down to personal choice.

Do you load your own ammo? If not, start. Factory .45 is less than ideal in a 625.

Yes I do. However, I will need to start load development for this.

200 Gr BBI, Delta Precision Etc. over 5.6 Gr. Solo 1000. Not having a sponsor to speak for (because I suck. I bought a sponsor shirt once they called me after they saw me shooting at a match and wanted there shirt back) I like the profile that BBI uses. For me it loads better.

I use the James Austin moonclip server and love it. (Get the plastic spaces to go between moonclips) Ready tactical makes nice Kydex holsters. You might want to look into a BMT mooner-best way to load and unload moonclips.

The BMT Mooner is the slickest tool of several I have bought. A little high priced for a college student.