Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P.E.P.R QD tightening

JP5

I was tracing down grouping problems when I noticed I had some play between the Burris P.E.P.R and my upper receiver rail, without finding any instructions or other people having the same issue I went and took the mount off and realized that the quick throw levers can be tightened. There are nuts on the reverse side that have a spring loaded pin holding detents in the nuts from working loose, if you press the qd levers in to the mount to move the nuts away from the pin the nuts can be tightened until the qd levers close with enough force or tight enough to your rail for your satisfaction. I tightened each of mine approximately 180 degrees, no play now. This can be really beneficial if your rail is worn or out of specs. Hope this helps someone with similar problems.

Jeremy

Yeah, when I update my scope (MTAC 1-4x) to either a vortex 1-6x or a leupold multigun 1-6x I will get a larue mount. Until then I will make the P.E.P.R mount work. I will keep an eye on the levers, I was worried about them being under too much tension (I had them tighter than I do now when I first figured this out).

Cheers,

Jeremy