Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 9mm major open gun

mike g35

Anyone here running a open M&P9? What load are you using to make major? What's your OAL? I'm starting an open M&P build and I'm trying to get a little data together. Anyone know how long I can load out to in the M&P?

I have all the parts to assemble my new open division M&P project. I just need some load information. I'll be using a 4.25" M&P9, Storm Lake barrel, Carver 4 port comp, Carver stainless guiderod, ISMI springs, SJC magwell, SSS deltapoint dovetail mount, 7moa delta Leupold deltapoint, Apex CAEK, Apex aluminum AEK trigger. That's it I think. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance for any help with the load data.

I don't think the Apex CAEK and the Forward Set Aluminum trigger are compatible. I have the CAEK in my 9L production gun, but the aluminum trigger in my Pro .40 with FSS and other parts that come with the Alum trigger. I could be wrong, but you should check before trying to install both. Just my 2 cents worth.

I actually installed the AEK trigger and CAEK today. As well as the rest of my parts. The trigger works great. Apparently the AEK trigger and the FS AEK trigger are two different things. You can tell the difference by looking for the two dimples on the standard AEK trigger. The FSS kit comes with the other one.

I actually installed the AEK trigger and CAEK today. As well as the rest of my parts. The trigger works great. Apparently the AEK trigger and the FS AEK trigger are two different things. You can tell the difference by looking for the two dimples on the standard AEK trigger. The FSS kit comes with the other one.

You are right, my bad.

Apparently the AEK trigger and the FS AEK trigger are two different things. You can tell the difference by looking for the two dimples on the standard AEK trigger. The FSS kit comes with the other one.

Do you know the difference the two have in performance? I understand the FS comes with springs and other goodies but would you feel a difference between the two triggers with out any other modifications?

My 9mm open major started life as a 9L. It currently has a Storm Lake barrel with a Carver 4 port comp and an Apex FSS trigger with just over a 2 pound trigger pull. My load is 6.6 grains of Autocomp loaded to 1.16" with MG 124 CMG bullets. This gives me a PF of 169+. This load may not make major in a 4.25" Barrel. I have also used 7.7 grains of HS6 for a PF of 172. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

A little update. My gun ran great. The trigger is awesome and the guns runs flat as a pancake. I'm using 7.1 gr of Autocomp , 124 MG CMJ, at 1.155 and I'm making 173PF easily. Now I'm just waiting on my mount and magwell which Bobby Carver plans to introduce very VERY soon.

post-33708-0-99575100-1371690715_thumb.j

Here's the pic. But sadly the gun was sold today. Not because it was a bad gun, it was actually great. I just got bored with it after building it so I sold it and bought something else.

How did you like the SSS mount? The 4 stabilizing screws looks like it would keep the platform very stable.

It was very stable. Like I said the gun shot great, no issues. Now ask me if I'd trade the 2011 that I sold this one to buy for it. NOPE. LOL ;)

• 4 weeks later...

A little update. My gun ran great. The trigger is awesome and the guns runs flat as a pancake. I'm using 7.1 gr of Autocomp , 124 MG CMJ, at 1.155 and I'm making 173PF easily. Now I'm just waiting on my mount and magwell which Bobby Carver plans to introduce very VERY soon.

dont wait on bobby carver I was waiting for a Magwell for almost a year. Got to speedshooterspecialties.com. And for an optic mount got to http://stingraycg.com/index.html?m

• 3 weeks later...

How did you like the SSS mount? The 4 stabilizing screws looks like it would keep the platform very stable.

It was very stable. Like I said the gun shot great, no issues. Now ask me if I'd trade the 2011 that I sold this one to buy for it. NOPE. LOL ;)[/quote

I don't understand what your saying here. Are you saying you wish you would have kept the m&p over the 2011 gun?

How does your new 2011 compare to the m&p. Are the 2011's night and day different to make them worth the $2000+ price difference?

It was very stable. Like I said the gun shot great, no issues. Now ask me if I'd trade the 2011 that I sold this one to buy for it. NOPE. LOL ;)[/quote

I don't understand what your saying here. Are you saying you wish you would have kept the m&p over the 2011 gun?

How does your new 2011 compare to the m&p. Are the 2011's night and day different to make them worth the $2000+ price difference?

Simple answer....YES. They are night and day different. A 2011 running right with the right load is (IMO) 3x as good as the best Glock/ M&P / XDm open gun running under the same conditions. Ya can't beat that SA 1911 trigger.