Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI tube identification

CaptRob

I purchased 2 140mm STI magazine that were suppose to be for a 40sw. I have never been able to tune them to work and now am thinking that they are for a 9mm or 38super. All my other 40sw tubes just have the 2 indented ribs on 1 side where these 2 have them on both sides. Looking for someone that is familiar with the 9mm and 38super tubes to confirm this for me.

Thanks

Use the feedlips as your guide. See if they will hold a 9mm or 38 Super round. If so, you have 9/38 tubes. If no, probably 40's. All my STI .40 tubes have dual ribs on both sides of tube. But, feedlip dimensions will tell the story.

I have talked directly about this with a tech from sti. He told me there are two types of "dents" on thier mags. "Shallow" and "deep" a .45 mag has " shallow" dents both sides. A .40 mag has "deep" dents on he left side and " shallow" on the right. Finally 9/38 mags have deep dents on both sides. The feed lip demensions won't tell you much if they have already been monkeyed with. The dent thing was the intel I got directly from STI with this same question.

I have talked directly about this with a tech from sti. He told me there are two types of "dents" on thier mags. "Shallow" and "deep" a .45 mag has " shallow" dents both sides. A .40 mag has "deep" dents on he left side and " shallow" on the right. Finally 9/38 mags have deep dents on both sides. The feed lip demensions won't tell you much if they have already been monkeyed with. The dent thing was the intel I got directly from STI with this same question.

Good info Thanks