Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Magwell for a G21SF RTF2?

tnd2

I picked up a Carver alum magwell for my 21, but it's 5/32" too wide to meet the spec. The wall thickness is too thin to be shaved thinner, and i've struck out on locating another brand that states it will work with the SF model. Any suggestions?

I'm using it more for hand placement than a mag well.

I looked around for a while and couldn't find one for my 21 sf. What if you milled the bottom of the Carver to be shorter, which would also make it thinner with the taper of the mag well? I wanted the mag well for faster reloads, not hand placement, so after considering milling a mag well or doing the Sevigny Speedway mod, I ended up just getting the Glockmeister grip plug, which fits well in my sf and really helps with not getting the mag hung up on a reload.

Planning on throwing it in the box at the match tomorrow night just to see how it lays. Then ill look at cutting it down, and see if enough funnel will be left to justify trying to make it work...

Thanks for the idea.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info, but it looks like they only show it for standard G20/21's

I agree. I wasted my money buying one last year. There is a 1/4" gap in the fit. It looked bad so I bagged it.

I have not found one for the SF so I did a speedwell mod to my pistol with epoxy and some serious sanding.

YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting a Carver, its aluminum, but too wide for the box, so I cut the sides down to fit the box and left the lip on the front and rear. I just need to work out the grip plug since the Carver one is short but brass, so its not that heavy but still its brass...

I'll get some pics up.