Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DATA Request Ramshot Competition Powder and Alliant Promo Powder

deerassassin22

Anyone have any input on 9mm Minor loads? My local shop is selling 4lb jugs for like 60 bucks. And some Alliant Promo powder as well. I found some load data on ramshot.com but it seems to be really slow even at max charge for 115gr and 124gr bullets. Anyone got real life data? Didn't find anything for promo. And how do they meter in a 550B?

Edited by deerassassin22

Very reasonable prices. No personal experience with the above powders, I do know Promo uses the same load data as red dot if you are going by weight and not volume. Lots of load data for red dot. I load my pistol loads with Clays and Solo 1000, both flake powders, like promo and competition, meters decent but not as good as ball powders in my 550 but good enough that my chrono numbers are consistent. I sometimes get a tenth variation with solo, but the chrono numbers are steady. Shotgun powders are very bulky and helps prevent the risk of a double charge. I like this for a 550.

Ive been through an 8# jug of Promo in .45. Its been fine for major with 225gr cast lead in my SS. As mentioned above, use same WEIGHT charge as Red Dot data calls for in your chosen round. I dont know about Red Dot or Promo in 9mm, but if you can find RD data, just use same charge weight of Promo and try it out.

RC works great , it has been compared to N320. I use it with 135 grain Bear Creek bullets @ 1.112 and 3.7 grains of RC shoots soft and is accurate. I used the same data for N320, but as always work up your load. Good luck

Edited by Sthrngnr