Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optic Front Sight

Indiana James

yeah when the rod breaks and you are so used to seeing the beach ball on your slide, now you cant hit anything,,, your screwed!

the only use for FO sights for me is steel(which we shoot alot of in texas)

i actually find i shoot paper better with black sights.

my dawson sights will be here tomorrow and i should have them ready to rock for our local steel match next weekend

Was chrono-ing a friend's Para (my chrono - I'll damn-well shoot holes in it myself!) when his fiber-optic front magically went away; never to be seen again. Beware the disapearing fiberoptic.

Introduce him to a wonderful product called SuperGlue. ;)

I just switched to a Brazos Microdot 2 weeks ago and although I have yet to use it in a major competition(used to have a serrated front post) in practice I've found that it does help a lot in picking up the front sight faster. At short distances up to 10 meters focusing on the target with the F-O appearing as a fuzzy dot over the target(I call my shots at the top edge of the fuzzy dot) results in accurate and fast A hits. Beyond that distance I do have to shift my focus to the front sight (top of post)after I've acquired my target. It does need some getting used to so I'm still keeping an open mind if it really makes a difference as regards to results in a match :)