Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930 & Arredondo Speedloader Assist

Todd7446

I just installed one of the new Speedloader Assists on my 930 JM Pro. This is the brand new one that doesn't require the plastic Tecloader bracket underneath it. I've got a mixture of Remington & Winchester Tecloader tubes that have the longer tongue on them than the Benelli's do. When I put the tube flat on the assist, the tongue doesn't fully depress the lifter. If I shim up the tube at the back of the assist (effectively increasing the ramp angle), the lifter fully depresses.

With the stock ramp angle, I can load 1 shell in about half the time, but never 2 or more. With the increased ramp angle, I can load 4 shells every time, smooth as butter.

Wondered if anyone else has one and has had this problem, and how you got around it.

I don't get that. If I shorten the tongue, (I think) it's only going to make the problem worse. If I shorten the tongue, the lifter will be depressed even less.

Which older model chute do you have on your 930? From pics I've seen, it looks like the Benelli chute is on a steeper angle than the Rem or Win, or the new Mossy chute, is.

Edited by Todd7446

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys, should have followed up long ago, but got behind. In early April I really opened and smoothed the loading port and smoothed the entry into the magazine. I didn't change a thing with the Easy loader bracket, or with the Tecloader tubes. It loads like butter now. I can't believe what a difference it has made. Just wanted to share and close the loop on this.