Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI and Kimber Sights help...

Cundiff5535

Hey guys, I am looking to get a quick answer to this question... Can I buy SVI's adjustable sight and Fiber Optic front to put on a Kimber? I have very crappy standard sights on one of my Kimbers and wanted to change to a set I saw on SVI's web sight. I can not get a straight answer from SVI (they say they are not familiar with Kimber) and Kimber is telling me that they are not sure what kind of sights I can use other than Kimber.

Sounds pretty odd to me. I guess shame on me for not knowing this stuff but, I dont. I have not changed out to many sights on my 1911's to know. Anyway, all help would be great!

Thanks,

Bobby C

Not sure about the rear but you can't use a SVI fiber optic front sight on the Kimber. Kimber has their own dovetail cut for the front sight. Give Dawson Precision a call and tell them what you're trying to do, they'll help you out.

Not sure about the rear but you can't use a SVI fiber optic front sight on the Kimber. Kimber has their own dovetail cut for the front sight. Give Dawson Precision a call and tell them what you're trying to do, they'll help you out.

Yeah, I figured this would be the case... I am not a huge fan of the look of Dawson rear adjustable sight... they look huge. Not the biggest problem in the world. Ill still give them a call as this seems like the best option at this point.

Thanks for the info