Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Novak Cut

9X23Guy

Ok, so I have a new STI Tactical on the way with fixed Heinie Slant 8 night sights. Going with a Dawson .180x.110 front and a Warren Tactical rear. Question, can I just buy the Warren rear for a 1911 with a Novak cut? Where I'm getting caught up is I read two different things, Novak cut or Novak style cut and Novak Lo mount or lo profile cut. Are they the same thing? Is a Novak cut a Novak cut period? I understand there are variations from each manufacturer and sight company but I should be able to give it a little patience file work and make it work right? What am I missing?

I have not changed the rear sight on my STI Tactical, but, I do know of a friend that changed his out with a 10-8 u notch rear for a Novak cut. Very little fitting on the sight to be tapped in with a punch. Hope this helps.

The Novak cut that we mainly see, which is the low mount (Warren, 10-8), so that would be the one to use. I replaced my Tactical rear sight with a 10-8 sight.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2