Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig .223 rifles

Julien Boit

I had the opportunity to shoot three Sig 550 family rifles this week end.

One was a Sig 550 "black special" edition, in a nice matte black dress.

The second was the Sig 551 SWAT model, in a olive green dress and the last, but not the least was a Specially made Sig551 SWAT.

The last one was shorter than the previous, all black with picatinny rails .

It was fitted with an ACOG. It was made to put it through intensive tests for the Police tactical units.

It was so easy to shoot that with the selector set on full auto, or 3 round burst, you could easily fire one round at a time :D

Man, gotta love this thing !

I hope santa is gonna hear me this year ;)

Our local "glad to share the tax dollar funded fun" sheriff's department picked up one of the folding-stock short-barrel select-fire versions. Great fun! If only they took AR magazines (it would have made the wait while loading magazines much shorter :lol: )

Alex

All that needs to be done is fold up an American made receiver, throw in a few US made parts and they could make them in Exeter New Hampshire! Think it would work in 3 gun? Was it accurate?

EDIT: found a Sig 550 forum here: www.biggerhammer.net

They seemed to like the Sig rifles. CRAZY money for one if you can find it at all on this side of the pond.

I shot one of those at a machine gun shoot locally. It was easy to shoot and very controlable. I liked it. Hadn't ever seen one before that shoot. Great fun! It seemed accurate enough to me. Pounded a car door at about 80 yds. with single rounds rapidly. Sprayed the car full auto at same distance. Wish we could have them here in select fire config. TXAG