Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Original Aftec Broken

ray1425

I have what I believe is a Rusty Kidd extractor in a 40. This is the one that required enlarging the extractor tunnel. The hook just broke on it and I'm looking for options to get it replaced. I heard that someone made a sleeve to return the tunnel to original size but haven't been able to find any information about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Rusty made one for me sometime ago: It was a simple aluminum tube with an OD equal to the diameter of the bored out extractor tunnel and an ID equal to the original tunnel. It was not a press fit, but was very tight. Further, it was held in place by a notch for the firing pin stop and then the rear was blended with the rear of the slide. This allowed the use of a regular extractor. Rusty can give you more information. He can be reached at David's Gun Room in Norcross GA (immediately north of Atlanta.) Or any local smith could easily fabricate one for you. I do not know of anyone who is actually marketing the device.

A-G

Edited by All-Gator

Check with egw

They made a sleeve to convert the para slides with the power extractor, which looks like copy of the Kidd, to take a standard one.

It might fit you slide.

I've read egw also makes their new HD extractor wider to fit the para power extractor, and it was available directly from para