Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para slim hawg: flush mags?

hax

So I recently purchased a slim hawg for a carry weapon not thinking about how rare(no longer made) this gun is. Now I'm stuck with only one magazine and it has the base pad on it. I know check mate use-to make flush bottom mags for the slim hawg but it seems no one carrys them anymore. Question is: does a Wilson combat 6 round mag fit in this grip? And if it does, does their mag ride flush with the mag well, or does it purtrude?

Thank you very much to anyone that would have info on finding flush fit mags for the para slim hawg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately mec-gar does not make one for the slim hawg. But thank you for the information, I've never heard of that company before.

Edit: I was hopping that some people in this community would own slim hawgs.

Edited by hax

Wait a minute. Is the slim hawg just a officer size single stack 1911? How many rounds do the factory mags hold?

Edit did a search, it's a 6 round 45acp. I would think any 6rnd 1911 mags in 45 acp would fit. Might just have to try some colt,mecgar, or other 6rnd 1911 mags and see if they work.

Edited by Roy Hess

The grip is 1/4 inch shorter than even a colt defender. That's why I don't think a regular 6 rounder would fit. Would someone that has a 6 round mag measure theirs.

• 3 months later...

Have you tried contacting Checkmate directly? Or maybe by now you've found some.

Midway has them listed on their website, but they recently pushed back the re-stock date.

I've been contemplating picking up one or two for mine, but I'm waiting for Para to sort out some issues with it first.

There are some guys on the 1911 forums using Sentinel magazines, which are much closer to flush:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=392423

DSC00448.jpg

Apparently it just requires a little filing to the toe of the base plate, but at $37 a piece from Wilson Combat I'm hoping Checkmate may have some. I just got mine back from Para. If it does fine at the range, I may give Checkmate a call.