Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Last round Only, Please help?

Nomad6

Hi all, very sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

I am a new member and owner of a new (2011) full size 40 S&W Baby Eagle / Jericho .

This gun is great, I love how it feels and shoots. I have had NO failures to feed since I got it last march (2012) . But it seems like the last round of almost every mag is getting chewed up and sometimes just falling out of the mag well when I take the mag out. NO JAMS just the last round ejecting weekly or not at all.

I do not have to physically pluck them out. Usually they ether eject, or fall out the mag well when I take out the mag. They are not getting stuck.

The slide locks back every magazine as it should.

Just to be clear though all the rounds ARE Chambering.

I still have had NO FTFs just WEAK EJECTION on the last round ONLY. No stove pipes either.

Anyone have any Idea what it could be? Only thing I can think is that the follower is coming up and knocking the case from the extractor before it gets fully stroked to the ejector. I have don the extractor trick of holding a round and shaking. its nice and tight. Oh yeah a few shooters at the range have commented on haw far it tosses the brass. its uniform but a good 10-12 feet back. don't know if that is a sign of anything.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Nomad

post-43011-0-73558900-1361414467_thumb.j

post-43011-0-76561700-1361414481_thumb.j

post-43011-0-43545200-1361414494_thumb.j

Just making it readable.

Hi all, very sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

I am a new member and owner of a new (2011) full size 40 S&W Baby Eagle / Jericho .

This gun is great, I love how it feels and shoots. I have had NO failures to feed since I got it last march (2012) . But it seems like the last round of almost every mag is getting chewed up and sometimes just falling out of the mag well when I take the mag out. NO JAMS just the last round ejecting weekly or not at all.

I do not have to physically pluck them out. Usually they ether eject, or fall out the mag well when I take out the mag. They are not getting stuck.

The slide locks back every magazine as it should.

Just to be clear though all the rounds ARE Chambering.

I still have had NO FTFs just WEAK EJECTION on the last round ONLY. No stove pipes either.

Anyone have any Idea what it could be? Only thing I can think is that the follower is coming up and knocking the case from the extractor before it gets fully stroked to the ejector. I have don the extractor trick of holding a round and shaking. its nice and tight. Oh yeah a few shooters at the range have commented on haw far it tosses the brass. its uniform but a good 10-12 feet back. don't know if that is a sign of anything.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Nomad