Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Update Practiscore with sd card?

Tim/GA

I did not put the marketplace on our NSTs and figured I would just use the SD card. I have downloaded the .apk file from Practiscore and when I plug the sd card into the NST I can go to AndExplorer and see the file. What do I need to do from there? If I click on the file I get a window that says there is a problem parsing the package

On my Samsung that I use with a keyboard for match sign up I could easily download the update from the Play store. Just not sure what to do to update the NSTs we use for scoring.

Thanks

I think you got a bad copy of the practiscore.apk file. I've heard of that before and the solution always seems to have been to download it again.

I didn't do the marketplace either. I wasn't willing to jump through all the imprecise hoops for setting up gmail and youtube to get it to work. I did the marketplace once early on. I got it to work exactly once, and afterward it never could search for and find practiscore again, so I abandoned it entirely.

My (Chris Wren's) method of updating is to set up dropbox on the nook and connect to a folder where I place the .apk file from my "pc". You still need to insert a microSD card for it to work, but you don't actually have to copy anything to it, and you don't have to use andexplorer.

I tried downloading the apk file again and even tried on another Nook, still got the parsing error. I also tried the previous version, .15, with the same issue.

I am downloading to an SD card, inserting the card while the Nook is on and use AndExplorer to go to the file and click on it. That is when I get the parsing error.

Any ideas, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Most probably you removed your card without properly flushing all unsaved data and now some files are likely corrupted.

Put your card in and run a "Check Disk" tool for corresponding device drive from Explorer on your PC.

After you download file to SD card on your PC, you need to close Explorer folder and then right-click on USB icon and select corresponding Eject menu for your card. Eject menu should be also available on corresponding device drive in Explorer.

Thanks guys, turns out is was just me being a bonehead! I can tell this cold has been kicking my butt, by the time I get home after teaching all day my brain is pretty much shut down. Finally realized the file I was getting was only about 28kb, I was not getting to the dropbox and getting the real file but the file I was getting was named Practiscore.apk

Anyway, working fine now. Thanks again