Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match slide milled to fit glock sights ?

Atrain

I have a sweet shooting match that I want to run primarily as a home defense gun but I want some sort of night sight capability. My idea is to have a smith mill my slide to fit standered sights for sig or glock or maybe cz. I feel that one benefit of this would be all kinds of sight options and easy sight replacment later on to whatever i want. But I wonder if there is a better option for geting some night sights that maybe someone on here has tried before. And if my idea is just a stupid one lol. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Atrain

Picture?

If it's a standard sight, the rear sight from a Baby Eagle will fit, but the front was a dovetail on the BE, and yours most likely comes in from the front...

An adventurous smith would weld up the dovetails front and back, then start over. I would suggest the cut from something common like Glock or 1911.

Atrain- I'd contact these guys. "www.tooltechgunsight.com" . They're the company that Trijicon (one of the two main night sight manufacturers) recommends for custom night sight work. They may be able to insert the tritium vials into the sights already on your pistol. If that's the case, it would be much cheaper than welding, milling and probably having to reblue the slide. Good luck with your project.

PS: If you're hurting for bucks, as so many of us are these progressive and enlightened days, you might consider having the tritium vial installed into only the front sight since as a home defense weapon, you'd only be shooting at a distance of 3 to 5 yards (unless your residence is a lot bigger than mine), and that should be sufficient.

Edited by jmbaccolyte